Posted by: Jimmy In: Pets
Urine should be cleaned up using the Water Based Stains Cleaning Method.
Tools & chemicals:
Neutral pH low residue spotter, terry towels, water.
Using a terry towel, soak or blot as much of the urine as possible. If the stain is fresh most of the urine can be soaked up this way. Be sure you have lots of towels and always use a completly dry area of the towel to blot with.
Now using a neutral pH low residue spotter, apply a small amount, blot and repeat until the stain is removed.
An alternative is to mix 1 tsp. of neutral pH liquid detergent (dish washing or fine fabric detergent that does not contain any bleach ) into 1 cup of warm water. Tamp, do not scrub as this may distort the texture of of the pile. Cover with a white terry towel and press down repeatedly.
If the spot or stain turns brownish when dry, mix 1:2 white vinegar and water. Apply a small amount and blot. Repeat only once.
Be sure to check the helpful hints for the Do’s and Don’ts of stain removal and Six Sure Ways to Set Stains.
Tools & Chemicals:
Dish washing or fine fabric detergent, white terry towels, white vinegar, warm water, measuring cup, spoon, vacuum.
Work on removing the stain as soon as you notice it. The longer the stain is left on the carpet the greater the chances are of the stain setting.
In every case remove all excess wet or dry material before attempting to clean. Blot wet materials using a white terry towel (check helpful hints for a detailed description of blotting). Vacuum excess dry materials or gently scrape up materials with a spoon.
Mix 1/2 tsp. of dish washing soap or fine fabric detergent into 1 (8 oz.)cup of warm water.
Apply a small amount, blot or tamp and repeat until the stain is removed. Be patient. Complete removal may reqiure repeating the same step several times. Tamp down on the carpet, do not scrub as this may disort the texture of the pile.
Cover the stain with the towel and press down repeatedly to absorb the stain material and detergent.
Once the stain is completely removed, rinse the area with cold water; blot with a dry white terry towel until all moisture is removed. Repeat this process several times to remove cleaning solution residue. (Residue can attract soils).
If the spot or stain turns brownish when dry, mix 1 part white vinegar and two parts water. Apply a small amount and blot. Repeat only once.
Never use a stronger concentration than is recommended. Never use laundry detergent or automatic dish washing detergents because they may destroy or dye some fibers.
Posted by: Jimmy In: Pets
Tools & Techniques: Animal safe cleaner,newpaper,cleaning rags
General Info: A dirty cage brings more potentail for infection and sickness for your Hamster as bacteria grows freely in a dirty wet environment.
SOME TIPS FOR PROPER CAGE MAINTENANCE:
1. Clean the cage floor twice a week by removing the litter and cleaning the inside of the cage completely. Place newpapers all around and under the cage. Remove toys, wheels,food trays, etc.
2. Remove all the bedding and clean the bottom using the animal safe cleaner and rinse with water. Roll up the newpaper will all the bedding etc. and throw in garbage.
3. Clean all the toys food trays etc., do not use soap on food trays just warm or hot water and a rag or sponge.
4. Never use phenols or carbolic acid type cleaning chemicals like the kind you might find in the grocery store. They contain chemicals that are harmful to your pet.
5. Always follow the instructions on any chemical you may buy for you pet. If you clean on a regular basis it will reduce the need for allot of chemicals keeping your pet safer